The lack of Omega 3 fatty acids are said to be linked to many different diseases…
This article will discuss mportant Omega 3 fatty acids benefits for optimal health…
An Alarming Omega 3 Fatty Acid Statistic: The Majority Of Americans Are Deficient In Omega-3′s.
Omega 3 fatty acids are known to be lacking among the American and British population, especially according to many studies that have been done in recent years.
Some of us still don’t know the true Omega 3 fatty acids benefits, so on that note – the first thing that you should know about omega 3 is that it is a polyunsaturated fatty acid that cannot be manufactured by the human body. Obtaining these crucial fatty acids from our food sources is said to be the most effective way for our body to obtain them.
Omega 3 fatty acids are important for all ages, including children, women, pregnant moms and people who are unwell.
If you don’t know already, there are countless health benefits that Omega-3 fatty acids can give.
We will explore some of these health benefits below:
What Are the Omega 3 Fatty Acids Benefits?
Omega-3 Fatty Acid Benefits for Pregnant Moms:
- Omega 3 supports the proper exchange of nutrients from mom to baby.
- These fatty acids prevent preeclampsia. Preeclampsia occurs when pregnant moms have highblood pressure… Omega 3 fatty acids help to balance the blood pressure of pregnant moms – A lower intake of fatty acids means the higher the risk of this illness.
- Omega 3 prevents the risk of premature birth, and it helps the baby to reach a normal birth weight.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are an essential part of a pregnant mom’s daily diet. Including omega 3 in a pregnant women’s diet will ensure mom’s and baby’s health.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Infants and Children:
- These fatty acids support healthy brain development, improving memory, while also increasing intelligence.
- The human brain consists of 60-70 % DHA – A Low intake of DHA and EPA incrases the risk of mental disorder.
- Omega 3 promotes good eyesight and good comprehension.
- Omega 3 strengthens a child’s motor skills.
- These crucial fatty acids lessen the high risk of ADHD and other behavioral problems in children.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Adults:
Omega 3 fatty acids offer protection for the heart, as they re said to lower the high risk of heart attack. Many studies show that EPA and DHA give the best defense against this horrible disease. If you don’t know already, an imbalance of fatty acids in our body can lead to stroke and even a heart attack.
Various studies have proven that a woman who has a high intake of fatty acids has a lower risk of developing osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disease that results in the deformation of our bones – This usually happens after the menopausal period.
Omega 3 may prevent the high risk of cardiovascular disease becasue the correct balance of omega 3 fatty acids lowers the blood triglycerides and increases HDL.
Omega 3 is a good pain reliever and is now known and proven for it’s anti inflammation properties. Omega 3 can relieve joint pain in arthritis sufferers.
EFA’s are now known to help individuals who have behavioral problems like bipolar disease, mood swings, and severe depression.
To be honest – the list goes on and on…If you would like to learn more details, check out this article for important and valuable studies from professionals in the nutrition field.
Now we have learnt some of the Omega 3 fatty acid health benefits, what are some of the known symptoms of omega 3 fatty acid deficiency?
- Unhealthy hair (brittle and dry).
- Unhealthy skin (dry, acne and sensitive skin)
- Severe depression
- Out of focus
- Over fatigued and low energy (No get up and go)
- Constant heart problems and generally bad cardiovascular health.
As you can see from above, Omega 3 fatty acids are really important for our health. They play a vital role in our body and the proper intake of these fatty acids (especially during pregnancy) would give you numerous health benefits.